Enrollment is now open for summer camps at BioBase Harlem @ Columbia’s Zuckerman Institute! This summer, we will focus on the role of the brain in vision. Students will learn the mechanics of microscopes, telescopes, and other optical instruments.
Working side-by-side with Ph.D. scientists, students will use $35,000+ university-grade microscopes in a real lab setting. Students will also engage in a plethora of other scientific practices such dissection and chromatography. Additionally, students will be encouraged to express themselves scientifically, through various outlets, such as art projects, and presentation of models.
- Enrollment Open for Ages 8-12
- Two 1-week-long sessions
- Camp takes place at BioBase Harlem @ Columbia’s Zuckerman Institute, located at 3229 Broadway at 129th Street
- Day begins at 8:45am and ends at 3:30pm
- 1 teacher for every 4 campers
- Lunch will be provided each day, in addition to snacks
- Outdoor activities everyday, weather permitting
- $650+ $150 materials fee per week. Need-based financial aid available (apply for aid as part of regular camp enrollment form)
Deadline to apply (with a non-refundable $125 deposit): April 30th, 2017