Enrollment is now open for summer camps at BioBase Harlem @ Columbia’s Zuckerman Institute!
Click Here to Apply for Summer Camp Week 1 [July 16 -20] – FULLY ENROLLED
This summer, the curriculum will introduce concepts of engineering and design to young audiences through the lens of nature. Recently, engineers and designers have begun to look to natural sources for inspiration. We plan to explore the concepts of biomimicry, patterns and design in nature, and 3D printing.
Working side-by-side with Ph.D. scientists, students will use $35,000+ university-grade microscopes in a real lab setting. Students will also engage in a plethora of other scientific practices such as chromatography and designing models for 3D printing. Additionally, students will be encouraged to express themselves scientifically, through various outlets, such as art projects and presentation of models. In addition, students will travel to one of New York’s premier museums to explore design principles and art.
- Enrollment Open for Ages 8-12
- 2 week-long sessions:
- July 16-20
- July 23-27 – Girls Only
- Camp takes place at BioBase Harlem @ Columbia’s Zuckerman Institute, located at 3227 Broadway
- Day begins at 8:45am and ends at 3:30pm
- 1 teacher for every 4 campers
- Lunch will be provided each day, in addition to snacks
- Outdoor activities everyday, weather permitting
- $650+ $150 materials fee per week.
- Need-based financial aid available (apply for aid as part of regular camp enrollment form)
- Deadline to apply (with a non-refundable $125 deposit): May 31, 2018.