Enrollment is now open for summer camps at BioBase, our community lab inside The Lower Eastside Girls Club! This summer, we will focus on pollution and how we can remove it from the environment using biotechnology. Students will build their own filtration systems by taking inspiration from organisms that are naturally adapted for filtration (including themselves!).
Working side-by-side with Ph.D. scientists, students will use $35,000+ university-grade microscopes in a real lab setting. Students will also engage in a plethora of other scientific practices such dissection and chromatography. Additionally, students will be encouraged to express themselves scientifically, through various outlets, such as art projects, and presentation of models.
- Enrollment Open for Ages 8-12
- Two 1-week-long sessions
- July 18-22
- July 25-29 (girls only)
- Camp takes place at the Lower Eastside Girls Club Center for Community, located at 402 E. 8th Street (@Avenue D)
- Day begins at 8:45am and ends at 3:30pm
- 1 teacher for every 4 campers
- A healthy, freshly prepared lunch will be provided each day, in addition to snacks
- Outdoor activities everyday, weather permitting
- $650+ $100 materials fee per week. Need-based financial aid available (apply for aid as part of regular camp enrollment form)
Interested in enrolling your child? Use the form below to register.
Deadline to apply (with a non-refundable $125 deposit): May 31, 2016